Highlights for the Quarter
- Sale of a FIVE2 system to Swinburne University as part of a Victorian Government MedTechVic
- University of Melbourne’s Melbourne Dental School (MDS) trial to improve screening, diagnosis and treatment of oral cancer progressed with 110 imaging sets completed by the end of the Quarter and 120 sets by 20 October.
- Australia’s 2nd highest ranked dental school, the University of Adelaide Dental School, received final approval for its “Proof of Concept Study: A diagnostic tool to detect Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma”.
- Progress continues in preparing for the application for FDA approval for the InVivage™ device for use in oral cancer screening and surgery in the United
- Completed imaging of 35 of 40 patients for stage three of the Breast Cancer Surgical Margin Assessment
- Increased sales pipeline for FIVE2 system with funding applications for purchases made and demonstrations conducted in Australia and North
- Orders from Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (CZM) for the CONVIVO device of approximately $175k for use in
- Total Cash Flows of ($844k) for the Quarter with Cash Flows from Operating Activities of ($935k) for the Quarter ending 30 September 2021.
Developments Post End of Quarter
- A leading Melbourne based medical research institution has received funding approval for a FIVE2 system and purchase documentation is being prepared. This will be the second Australian sale of a FIVE2 system this financial
- Receipt of Optiscan’s R&D Tax Incentive rebate for the 2020/21 financial year amounting to $770k. The R&D Tax Incentive is an Australian Government program under which companies receive cash refunds for 5% of eligible expenditure on research and development.
Full Report: Optiscan Quarterly Announcement